In 2012, the Inglewood Unified School District evaluated the District’s most important and critical facility needs and based on safety expectations, enrollment trends, class size, and the 21st Century educational demand for computer and information technology, proposed Measure GG to the voters of Inglewood. In developing the scope of projects that would be prioritized under Measure GG, input was gathered from staff, teachers, and community members to upgrade, renovate, construct and equip District facilities to meet the health, safety, and infrastructural needs of the District. Bond Measure GG was passed in November, 2012 providing a $90,000,000 general obligation bond for new construction and modernization projects at schools throughout the District.
The scope of work was outlined in a School Facilities Master Plan to improve Inglewood schools focusing on these four categories:
- School Site Health, Safety and Security Projects
- School Renovation, Repair, Upgrade and Construction Projects
- District-Wide Wiring and Technology for Instructional Support and Effective Learning Environment
- Miscellaneous Projects
Examples of Measure GG priority projects include but are not limited to:
- Repairing/replacing leaky roofs and inadequate electrical and plumbing systems
- Modernizing, renovating, and constructing classrooms, restrooms, and school facilities
- Constructing new science and computer labs
- Improving student access to computers and modern technology
- Replacing portable classrooms with permanent classrooms
- Making energy efficiency and health and safety improvements a priority
Measure GG is strengthened and protected by financial guidelines and oversight.
- All funds must be spent locally and cannot be taken by the State.
- Measure GG qualified the District to receive $20 million in state grants.
- Spending must be reviewed and annually audited by an independent citizens’ oversight committee.
- Funds can only be spent to improve schools, not for teacher or administrator salaries.
Measure GG upgrades and renovates inadequate classrooms, facilities and infrastructures, improves the education of the children of Inglewood USD, and maintains the quality of our community. This website provides the agendas, minutes, important links, and
updates on Measure GG in IUSD. The complete document can be accessed through the link at the bottom of this page.