Benefits Open Enrollment
August 31, 2020 - September 13, 2020
Plan Year Effective October 1, 2020
- Eligible employees who are currently enrolled and do not wish to make any changes to their current medical, dental, and/or vision coverage, do not need to take any action and their current coverage will rollover as is for the upcoming plan year.
- Eligible employees who waived coverage for the current plan year are required to complete a new waiver with proof of coverage for the upcoming plan year, if they wish to waive 2020/2021 coverage.
- Waivers do not automatically rollover into the upcoming plan year.
- Eligible employees who are not currently enrolled in a district offered health insurance plan who fail to enroll or waive coverage during Open Enrollment will be auto enrolled into the lowest cost medical plan only for single coverage (Anthem Blue Cross - Vivity HMO 30).
Eligible employees who are not currently enrolled in a district sponsored medical plan, will be auto enrolled in the lowest cost medical insurance plan (Blue Cross Vivity HMO 30/40, Single Coverage), if they fail to enroll or waive coverage by September 13, 2020.
Dental and vision benefits will not be auto-enrolled for employees who are currently not enrolled in a district sponsored medical plan.
- This is the only Open Enrollment period for the 2020/2021 benefits plan year.
- Following the conclusion of Open Enrollment on September 13, 2020, you may only make changes to your medical, dental, or vision benefits if you experience a qualifying event (e.g. birth/adopt a child, marriage, divorce, etc.).
Effective September 14, 2020—No further changes can be made for the upcoming plan year unless you experience a qualifying change in family status as defined by the IRS
- Please utilize the following resources to assist you with Open Enrollment:
- There will be no informational meetings, benefits fairs, or in-person enrollments.
- Distribution of hard copies of open enrollment materials will be limited to those mailed home with the memo dated August 27, 2020.
- The Benefits Guide will be available online only.
- Open Enrollment will be entirely online through our benefits portal (PlanSource).
If you have questions or need assistance making changes, we are still here to serve you. However, in order to protect both you and our staff members, please do not visit the Human Resources Department. Our office is currently closed to visitors. We would kindly request that you only contact us by phone or email. Please utilize the contacts outlined below for benefits-related questions and/or assistance.
OPEN ENROLLMENT ASSISTANCE
|Audrey Velasco||(310) 419-2760|
|Tiffany Young||(310) 680-4803|
- Audrey Velasco
- (310) 419-2760
- Tiffany Young
- (310) 680-4803