Permits Information

Student Support Services - Home - Button Permit Information - button Student & Family Resources - button Staff Directory - button Student Wellness - button
TK Image
Universal TK

Incoming Permit Requests

For students who live outside IUSD boundaries, but wish to attend an IUSD school, parents/guardians may obtain an inter-district permit from the district of residence.  If the district of residence approves the permit, parents/guardians must submit the approved permit to the IUSD Student Support Services Office either electronically via email to [email protected], via the online permit application portal, or by placing the permit and all required documents inside the Student Support Services secured mailbox located at 401 S. Inglewood Ave., Bungalow B3, Inglewood, CA 90301.

Incoming interdistrict permit applications may be completed by clicking the following links:

    21-23 Incoming       21-23 Incoming SPA

Outgoing Permit Requests

Outgoing Interdistrict Permits are for students who live within IUSD boundaries but are seeking to attend another school district.  Outgoing Interdistrict Permit Application window for the 2022-2023 school year will remain open between April 4, 2022 and September 30, 2022. Per IUSD Administrative Regulation 5117, Applicants are only allowed to apply for one (1) school / district per school year.  If the Outgoing Interdistrict Permit is denied by the requested school / district, the applicant will have used their one-time option for that school year and must wait until the next Outgoing Interdistrict Permit request period to reapply.  Subsequent permit requests, within the same school year, will be marked as duplicate and will not be processed.

The 2022-2023 Outgoing Interdistrict Permits application window is now closed.  Please contact the Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE) at (562)922-6301 to appeal.