English Language Learners
The Inglewood Unified School District (IUSD) is committed to ensuring that all students receive the education and supports necessary to succeed. In support of this, the District is committed to ensuring that our English learners receive the educational supports needed to attain the goals set forth by the California Department of Education:
- Ensure that English learners acquire full proficiency in English as quickly and effectively as possible while attaining parity with native speakers of English.
- Ensure that English learners within an appropriate amount of time, achieve the same grade-level academic standards we expect of all students.
In order to attain these goals, IUSD offers our English learner various programs in support of their English language development (ELD) including dual immersion programs and targeted academic instructional programs. For additional information regarding support offered to our English learners or questions regarding specific programs offered by the District, please contact the IUSD State and Federal Programs office at (310) 419-2779 or your school for more specific information.
District English Learner Advisory Committee
Each California public school district, grades kindergarten through 12, with 51 or more English learners must form a District- level English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) or subcommittee of an existing district-wide advisory committee.
The DELAC must effectively advise the governing board on at least the following:
- District plan for English Learners
- District-wide needs assessment
- Setting district goals for English Learner education
- Written notification of initial enrollment
- District's reclassification process
- Written notifications sent home to parents/guardians
El comité DELAC debe asesorar eficazmente a la mesa directiva en por lo menos lo siguiente:
- Plan del distrito para Aprendices del Inglés
- Evaluación de necesidades de todo el distrito
- Planteando metas del distrito para educación de Aprendices de Inglés
- Notificación a los padres por escrito de inscripción inicial
- Proceso de reclasificación del distrito
- Notificaciones por escrito enviadas a la casa de padres/ tutores
DELAC August 13, 2020 Meeting Documents
DELAC December 11, 2020 Meeting Documents
English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) Spring 2021
2021 ELPAC Summative Updates/ Resources
Taking A Remote Test—English and Spanish
DELAC February 16, 2021 Meeting Documents
DELAC 2021-2022 Meeting Documents